Trout in the Classroom
Trout in the Classroom (TIC) is an environmental education program in which students in grades K-12:
- Raise trout from eggs to fry
- Monitor tank water quality
- Engage in stream habitat study
- Learn to appreciate water resources
- Begin to foster a conservation ethic
grow to understand ecosystems and ethics
During the year, each teacher tailors the program to fit his or her curricular needs. Therefore, each program is unique. TIC has interdisciplinary applications in science, social studies, mathematics, language arts, fine arts, and physical education. The program ends the year by releasing trout in the Chattahoochee River.
Upper Chattahoochee Trout Unlimited currently sponsors Trout in the Classroom programs at sixteen schools in the metro Atlanta area.